Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 10 x 5m Shuttle run test.
- Starting speed and agility
- Test Description
- The athlete stands behind the starting line with one foot just behind the line. At the start signal, the athlete runs as fast as possible to the other line, crosses it with both feet and turns to run back to the starting line. This is a cycle which has to be done five times. If the line is not crossed with both feet repeatedly, the attempt has to be redone.
- Athlete’s Guidance
- Take place behind the starting line with one foot just behind the line. At my start signal you run as fast as possible to the other line and crosses it with both feet, then return to the starting line. This is a cycle you must perform five times, so you run a total of 10 times 5m. In the last 5m, finish with maximal speed. You have one attempt.
- Points of Interest Test Leader
- Give the start signal when you press the stopwatch
- Count aloud the cycles
- The line has to be crossed with both feet
- Multiple errors, redo the attempt
- Last 5m = finish at maximal speed
- Mark Determination
- The time needed to run 10 times 5m is marked in seconds with an accuracy of 0.01 s.
- Slip free surface
- Chalk or tape
- Tape measure (5m)